Meet the Team
Welcome! We are a team of passionate and caring therapists who are committed to helping people to lead their most fulfilling and authentic lives, so we are excited that you are here and looking for a way to change. Read more about our approach to therapy below.
Hi, I’m Doria! My philosophy on therapy is based on the power of introspection, understanding our relationships with others, and the knowledge that we all have the capacity to make changes in our lives.
My belief is that my role as a therapist is to help you explore yourself in the setting of a safe, compassionate, and non-judgmental environment. I will help you understand yourself better in the context of all of your relationships both past and present, and we will work together to help you make the changes you seek in life. Most importantly, I want to help you find a sense of peace in becoming your most authentic self. I decided to become a therapist in large part because therapy has made such a profound difference in my life, and I feel incredibly lucky that I get to pay that forward to you.
If you are looking for someone who wants to work with you and not just someone who will listen and nod, then I would love to hear from you!
- Masters in Social Work, magna cum laude: Columbia University
- B.A. in Psychology, cum laude: University of Richmond
- New York State License: LCSW #088162
- Former Primary Therapist at The Renfrew Center
- Former Senior Psychotherapist at Gateway to Solutions
- Primary Certification in Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy, Albert Ellis Institute
- Level 2 Gottman Institute Couples Therapy
- Member of the National Association of Social Workers
Trainings and Workshops
- NASW: Couples Therapy
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Study Center: Sex and the Millennial Man
- Albert Ellis Institute: Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Columbia University: Motivational Interviewing: Moving Clients through the Process of Change
- Ackerman Institute: Deepening Clinical Skills and Practice Working with Couples
- Esther Perel’s 2018 Sessions Live
- Ackerman Institute: Sex Therapy with Erotically Marginalized Clients
Esther’s warm and gentle presence provides a welcoming space for her clients to feel present and understood from their first meeting onward. Her direct, collaborative, and solution focused style invites her clients to share and broaden their perspectives and navigate challenges. Esther specializes in working with clients seeking assistance with anxiety, identity questions, life transitions, interpersonal issues, and relationship concerns. Esther brings attention to unhelpful thought patterns or behavioral patterns and provides the tools to manage them. She encourages her clients to look within and speak their truth; and she will support her clients to reflect honestly and face the challenges that are interfering with their daily life. A client of Esther’s will feel accepted for all that they are, and all that they have the potential to become.
Esther emphasizes confidentiality, safety, honesty and transparency in her therapeutic approach. She prioritizes being present and providing her undivided attention to her clients in order to adapt her therapy and treatment planning to their individualized needs. Trained in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Esther strives to provide her clients with the means to identify every concern at its root, recognize these concerns within the context of their present selves, and manage the good habits of self-empowerment. Please reach out to find out more about what working with Esther would be like!
- Masters in Social Work, summa cum laude: Stony Brook University
- Bachelor of Arts, cum laude: Binghamton University
- Post Masters Certificate, Advanced Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: New York University
- New York State License: LMSW #107289
- Former Psychotherapist at Adelphi University Counseling Center
- Former Crisis Counselor at Crisis Text Line
Trainings and Workshops
- Adelphi University: Safe Zone Training
- Adelphi University: Gender Bias and Title IX
- Telehealth Certification Institute, LLC: Telemental Health Training Program